Sunday, December 17, 2006

Social Bookmarking: Drive Traffic to Your Website

Social bookmarking was introduced to me through a forum. Just what I said before, read forums and ask people around here in the net who have the same interest or field as yours and there are people who are willing to share their knowledge.

I included Social bookmarking icons at the bottom of my blogs here even on the very first time I created this blog site. My mistake is that I did not fully utilized these websites or familiarize my self on how to use these social bookmarking tools until I was reminded again by another marketer a few days ago about the power of Social bookmarking in driving traffic to your web.

I only explore Stumbleupon before and it increased my page impression and clicks from 1 to 21 clicks as of this writing. I was very excited at first to see that improvement but I get depressed lately because the traffic and clicks slow down so I stopped doing it for a while. I never realized that I have to repeat what I have done in Stumbleupon in other Social bookmarking sites every time I have a new post in my blogs or in my website.

This is the advice from one of the marketers I met and reminded me of the power of Social bookmarking. This is exactly how the advice was written for me, he wrote it as a post and I guess he wants to make it public to help new marketers like me so I’m sharing it with you.

If you want traffic for your blog within hours or minutes try the following:
1. Submit your blog posts to newsvine, tailrank and reddit. Do this every time you have a new post
2. Claim your blog in Technorati.
3. Submit to as many blog directories as you could

Utilize the power of Social bookmarking and make social connections with other like-minded users and create massive back links to your website.

First CB Sales

Hi everyone.. I hope this is a pleasant Sunday to all of you. I just arrived from church and now in front of my PC again to work and learn m...