Friday, December 1, 2006

Create Your Own Website and Earn from it

I used to do webpages (about 10 yrs ago) from free web hosting for my friends. I never really experience making my own website, buying a domain and uploading it into the web.

I recently uploaded my own website (just yesterday) and still doing a lot of work and researching on how to maximize my earnings. You could earn from it by promoting products and putting Ads or advertisement, but seeing my work being viewed on the web and receiving encouraging comments and advice on how to improve and earn from it is an accomplishment in itself and I feel good about it.

Here are some points I would like to share in doing your own website.

First step would be the decision that you are willing to commit your enormous time in doing all the hard work in making a webpage especially when you are still new and starting out on this. (I created my own write up, header and a lot of research and still learning). Some professional web marketers and webmasters have ghost writers and graphics artists but if you are still new, like me, you have to do everything. So it’s also important that you love and enjoy what you do to commit long hours in doing it. I sit around 10-15 hrs in front of my computer for a week now, but I love the new things I’m learning and discovering other capabilities that I never thought I could do (like writing and composing long blogs here)

After deciding that webdesigning and marketing is the thing you want to do in your free time or doing this full time, think a subject for your website. It might be something you love to do or something that you have an expertise. If you are not an expert on the subject that you want to create on your website, don’t get discouraged, research on the idea or subject and you will come up with a write-up or contents for your website. Before doing a write up on your chosen subject, think of a good “key word/s” for your write up to secure you a good place in a search engine. If you decide to create a website about diabetes, you have to think of a good keyword like “diabetes symptom” or “diabetes treatment’. There are a lot of Keywords selector tools or program here in the net that you could download for free. Then you can start composing the contents of your website. Make a timetable or plans when and how to meet your goals. Remember that you are working at home and it’s easy to procrastinate, set a schedule on when to finish the write up for your website, in this manner you can keep track of your progress.

Creating your own website involves spending money. You want to earn money from your website and like in any other business you have to invest before you could get your gain or profit. You need to buy or register your domain and pay for webhosting and expect a little change in your electric bills since you are using your computer 10-15 hrs a day. Shop and look for cheap domains and web hosting that you could afford since you are still starting and have limited funds. I bought my first domain 2 days ago for $2.98 and luckily have a free webhosting from a friend but still.. I know that eventually I need to pay for webhosting. With regards to your domain name, try to come up with a domain name containing your “keywords”, like for diabetes for instance, and your key word is “diabetes symptom”, domain must be “diabetessymptom.com”. There are also free domain tools in the net that you could use to check the availability of domain names that you want.

After deciding on the keywords, acquiring a domain name for it and organizing your ideas and write up you are now ready to create a website. If you don’t know HTML or JavaScript, don’t worry, you could still create your website. I have HTML knowledge but have forgotten it since I never use it for 10 yrs and have zero knowledge in JavaScript but I was able to create my website. There are software you could use to create your website, I use Microsoft FrontPage, and you could use other programs you are comfortable using like Dreamweaver or Netscape Page Composer.

After creating and uploading your website, you still need to modify and continuously improve your website and look for ways on how to maximize your earnings and get traffic for your website. You need to study, read a lot and seek help from people who succeeded in internet marketing and web designing. I’m still in this stage and keep learning. Give yourself sometime to learn the ins and outs of this business and stabilize your earnings. I read somewhere that most people give up within 3-6 months and never actually realize the true potential of what their hard work and efforts could bring them. There are endless possibilities and opportunities in the internet, you just have to find your place and work on it.

First CB Sales

Hi everyone.. I hope this is a pleasant Sunday to all of you. I just arrived from church and now in front of my PC again to work and learn m...