Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My Questions and Experiments

I’m in limbo right now and stuck in $5 earnings after a month at IM and have a little traffic especially this last 2 weeks. I’m trying to find out what went wrong or what I need to do to duplicate or multiply that $5 I made. I know I achieved that $5 from socialbookmarking and posting on my blogs, but how can I multiply that? That is my big question now. I haven’t made a cent for 2 weeks now. I’ve been reading e-books (have downloaded quite a few free ebooks) and then visiting forums for tips and information. I don’t know where to focus now.

I am not a writer; I’m still learning and trying to write. Have visited writers’ forum and read e-books. Right now I don’t know what topic to write and end up writing this new blog. I’m planning to write about the products I want to sell as an affiliate. There are a lot of questions in my mind, most of them are about driving traffic to my website and I’m still doing a lot of experiments to find the answers.

These are some of the questions and experiments I did and still doing while I haven’t figure out what to do next.

  • How about buying keyword ads on PPC Search Engine?
    • How does this work? I’ve read about Miva.com in an e-book but when I visited forums, and read reviews on Miva.com which is formerly Findwhat (I wonder why they change their name) there are a lot of IM’ers who encountered problems having insignificant traffic from torrent sites and encountering click frauds. I’m still new and still haven’t experiment on this and don’t know if I will try this one.
  • Will Banner Exchange Program drive traffic to my site?
    • I register in a free exchange banner program and I didn’t see any drastic change in my traffic as of now and what is annoying me is that my site is a health related site and the banner being posted in my site are mostly not health related. I guess that is one disadvantage of banner exchange program, you have no control of the banner Ads that will appear on your own site. I have not removed the banner and still giving it sometime to drive traffic to my site and besides I cannot connect to my server now to edit my website, so I let the banner sit there for a while and see if it will work wonders in driving traffic to my site.
  • Regarding Affiliate Programs, is there any other reliable affiliate networks than Clickbank? My country is not included in the allowed country to register in Clickbank, so what are my options?
    • I have registered in Paydot.com. but their site is too slow, I don’t know if it has something to do with their server, but I still signed in and get some products as an affiliate there but haven’t made any sales yet. Commission Junction and Linkshare are highly recommended too, so I am planning to join there.
  • Another Affiliates Program issues I have is:
    • Do I need my own website to promote as an affiliate? I am on a tight budget now, and been thinking to create a sub domain on my health related domain but will it look good? Having a health related root domain and the sub domain will be about the products from Affiliate Programs. I’m still resolving this or might consider a blogsite to start with but of course I prefer my ownwebpage.com domain.
  • Of course, my ongoing experiment is writing articles and to submit them to some of the respected article directories out there. Do I need an article auto submitter software? Well, I need to answer that if I already have 10 or more articles composed.

There are times I’m having this negative feeling and just stare on my computer and wondering what to do next to increase this $5 I have right now. I’ve been a victim of spammers too (so this is included in IM world.). Oh well, it’s been a month now and some have been here in IM for years before enjoying the fruits of their labor. It is true success will not happen overnight and there are a lot of work and experimentations to do but I do hope to find the answers and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

First CB Sales

Hi everyone.. I hope this is a pleasant Sunday to all of you. I just arrived from church and now in front of my PC again to work and learn m...