Sunday, January 14, 2007

I Made My First Sales

I already made six blog sites in two months and much as possible update them regularly. There are times I am thinking if I have a future in this IM since there’s nothing much happening in two months in terms of traffic and revenue, but I keep posting, thinking and discovering new ways to improve my websites and not giving up even if there’s nothing big happening yet.

I want to test the waters on Affiliate Marketing and tried blogger as a landing page. All I did was registered at Linkshare as an affiliate and searched products under Computer and Electronics categories with great deals and rebates. Products with lower prices compared with other companies offering the same products and with bonuses or free gift certificates. It takes about 1-2 hrs daily to research for the products, post on my blog, use pinging services and try various social bookmarking sites in promoting my blogs. I update my blog daily and at the same time enjoying it because I am learning a lot and starting to become a tech geek too and educate myself with the latest tech gadgets.

I’ve been doing this routine of researching, posting , pinging and promoting the site for 2 weeks now starting last Dec 30’2006 when I first launch my blog site. After almost two weeks, last Jan 11 at exactly 12 days after it’s launching I made my first sales on 2 items about $169.68. I can't believe my eyes when I saw my Linkshare report and surprised to see the figures and what’s even more surprising is that the following day, I made another sales at $79.99 and I thought wowww this is really great...

I only earned a small commission from Linkshare products but what’s important is that I made sales and I have good traffic and returning visitors on my blog site. I also started my affiliate program with other companies with bigger commissions and who knows one of these days I’ll get my sales from those companies.

It is a great feeling and it gave me more confidence to continue my journey in internet marketing. Yes, there are times I feel discouraged but I still keep trying, I always bear in my mind that most people quit when success is already within sight and I don't want to be in that position.

First CB Sales

Hi everyone.. I hope this is a pleasant Sunday to all of you. I just arrived from church and now in front of my PC again to work and learn m...