Saturday, December 9, 2006

Article Writing: The Key to Drive Traffic to Your Website

After creating this blog account, which is my first publishing in the internet sharing my thoughts and journey, I started working on my own website and uploaded it. I created a website about Asthma, my mother and I are both asthmatics and I found it useful to research more about it and share it to people.

I get depressed driving traffic in my website after uploading it for almost 2 weeks now. I don’t want to quit since this is something I love to do and what I love most about it, is that I can do this at home. Although I have all the passion for this, there are times I‘m in doubt if I really have a place in this IM. For days I’ve been reading and researching on how to maximize my earnings. I’ve been visiting forums and asking people who have succeeded in this Internet Marketing. I got positive inputs from the forum I got into and found out that most marketers have experienced being on this stage when they have less traffic and no income at all. Some quit before they could realize the fruits of their labor.

I’ve learned that one way to drive traffic to your website is through Article Writing and submit it to Article Directories with back links to your website. Now that’s the problem, I’m not a writer by nature and English is just my second language. Could I do it? Another problem (which works in my advantage) is that I want to do it; I want to write articles even if I don’t have the experience and not a writer at all. So I tried researching on “how to write articles”, “how to start being a freelance writer” etc... In the morning, I even pray in front of my PC, for me to acquire knowledge and meet people who could guide me on this.

I was blessed I met Marketers who are willing to share their knowledge and help aspiring Web Marketers and writers like me.

Now I’m working on being an article writer and following the research and advise I get from these people.

Key points I’ve learned which got me out of depression in driving traffic to my website.

  • It takes time to promote your website and you have to find the techniques that will work for you and stick with it.
  • If you don’t know what to do, research and ask around, there are experts who are willing to give their advice and help.
  • Put aside your negative thoughts, you will accomplish nothing and just wasting time being sad about it. DO SOMETHING and don’t get depressed.
  • Don’t put limits to yourself or on the things that you can do. Don’t say..”I don’t know this”..”I am not good at it.” Others have succeeded on this Internet Marketing, why wouldn’t you? There’s a lot of room for everybody here, you just have to work hard and find your place.
  • Article writing is a talent, there are those who are born with it, but still…. it’s a talent that can be learned by anyone who has the passion for it.

I’m still in the learning stage and testing the waters in writing articles and blogging which are the proven ways to drive traffic to a website. I am willing to learn and stay on the job until I succeed, no matter how much time is required. As a friend of mine remind me that “Rome was not built in one day.”

First CB Sales

Hi everyone.. I hope this is a pleasant Sunday to all of you. I just arrived from church and now in front of my PC again to work and learn m...